Thursday, August 13, 2015

New Quilt

I have finally decided upon my next quilt! I fell in love with the Sweetwater fabrics many years ago. My husband and I need a new quilt on our bed so it is time to get started! I even have a little helper!
New-Quilt_Indy2015
New-Quilt_Indy2015-1
Over the next few months I will be working on this project and will definitely post updates along the way. This week the fabric was cut into the pieces for half of the blocks, next they will be sewn together. . .by hand. The center of the star blocks will be two different color ways of the same fabric. Just adds interest!
New-Quilt_Indy2015-2
New-Quilt_Indy2015-3
You will notice I do not use a sewing machine for this process. I enjoy the process of sewing each piece by hand! Plus I am not hiding away in a room while my family is somewhere else. So the process begins again, to be continued…
Carolyn

No comments: