Tuesday, December 31, 2013

A Thankful Year in Review

This past year has been a challenge in many ways. I recently was reminded of a favorite bible verse:

The mind of man plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps. Proverbs 16:9
I thought I was going along my merry way last year when “my plans” got blown out of the water. You can read more here.

footprint11280

sunflower_bright_orange_1_

Since my cancer diagnosis in September, I have gone through chemotherapy and have finished! Have been done since the end of October and had just one wish for Christmas. I just wanted my hair back! I know that seems like a minor thing, but you do not realize how much your hair helps and means to you until you loose it!

IMG_2498

Well, it did start to grow back just a few days before Christmas. I know I have a long road ahead to get my health back, but I am so very thankful for life I have been given. My family and friends mean more to me than I can say and want to thank them for their continuing support.

3192-711yzL

I think we all wish for things and realize that we are not in control of our lives! Only God can truly “direct our steps.” I go into this new year realizing I am totally in the palm of His hand!

The Bears and I wish you all a very Happy New Year!

Carolyn

No comments: